Nothing beats being surrounded by nature and enjoying a break from the city. It also reminds us how precious and beautiful our earth is and why we need to take care of it. There’s still a few camping weekends left this summer so on your next camping trip – make it an eco-friendly one! Here are our favourite eco-friendly camping essentials that will reduce your impact on the environment.
1. Invest in a good tent. A well-made tent can last a lifetime. MEC offers a range of affordable tents. We like MEC’s Cabin 4 Tent with optional divider.
2. Bring re-usable dishes and utensils. If you’re an avid camper, invest in some re-usable camping dishes and utensils or borrow from a friend.
3. Pack eco-friendly toiletries. Everything we consume goes into our environment so use eco-friendly toiletries that are bio-degradable.
4. Use an eco-friendly camp stove. If a campfire isn’t an option, bring an eco-friendly camp stove. We love the BioLite CampStove. It burns wood and creates electricity to charge smartphones, headlamps, and LED lights.
5. Wear non-toxic sunscreen and mosquito repellent. Most of the sunscreens and mosquito repellents you find in drugstores contain toxic ingredients that can cause damage to the environment and your body. Use natural suncscreens and mosquito repellents that earth friendly.
6. Pack Caboo biodegradable bathroom tissue and napkins. Always good to have a spare of bathroom tissue when camping!