Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants on earth and can be used to make an extraordinary range of products. Find out about some creative and innovative ways bamboo is being used:
1. Textiles. Bamboo is used to make clothing, blankets, and towels. Bamboo fabric is incredibly soft and lightweight as well as antibacterial.
2. Baby & Children Products. Bamboo is being used to make toys, baby diapers, wipes as well as textiles (baby clothing and blankets). Hape has a line of bamboo made baby toys that are not only fun for kids but also high quality & durable:
3. Household Items. Bamboo is used to make furniture, kitchenware and rugs. Greenington is one example of a company that designs bamboo furniture and while using sustainable practices. In fact, 100% of the bamboo material is used, including the sawdust, which is put to use generating steam for the dry kiln room and press machine.
4. Paper Products. Bamboo is used to make newspapers, copy paper, bathroom tissue, paper towel and coffee filters. See Caboo’s sugarcane and bamboo paper product line.
5. Architecture. Bamboo is used for innovative design in architecture. Check out these amazing building structures all made from bamboo.
6. Beer. Bamboo can even be used to make beer! Bamboo Beer balances hops & bamboo in their product. Learn about their bamboo beer product line.
7. Sporting Equipment. Bamboo is being used to make bikes, skateboards, baseball bats, in-line skates and helmets thanks to it being an incredibly strong and durable material. Check out our past article on Best of Bamboo Bicycles to view some innovative bikes being made from bamboo material.
8. Technology Accessories. Bamboo is being used to make cell phone and tablet cases, keyboards, radios, and speakers. A great sustainable alternative to plastics.
9. Other Accessories. Sunglasses, watches and jewelry can all be made from bamboo. Ever thought of owning a bamboo watch? Incredibly stylish and durable.
These are just some of the amazing products being made from bamboo. Do you have any favourite bamboo-made products you want to share? We’d love to hear.