Natural sunscreens are growing in popularity because they are safe to use and free of harmful chemicals such as parabens. Parabens mimic estrogen in our bodies and studies have shown links to breast cancer. Sunscreen chemicals are not only harmful to our bodies but to the environment as well. According to a study that appeared in Environmental Health Perspectives Journal, four ingredients commonly found in sunscreens – parabens, cinnamate, benzophenone and camphor derivatives have been linked to the killing of coral reefs around the world.
When choosing a sunscreen, look for paraben-free products and products that contain titanium oxide or zinc oxide – non-toxic ingredients. We’ve rounded up our top 5 natural sunscreen picks for you to enjoy a safe and healthy summer!
1. Badger Tangerine and Vanilla Kids Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 – This sunscreen provides protection with a nice scent and gentle enough for kids.
2. Kiss My Face Sunspray Lotion SPF 30 – An easy to apply sunscreen with a non-greasy finish for face and body.
3. Goddess Garden Sunny Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 30 – A sheer, easy to apply sunscreen with all the protection you need.
4. Green Beaver Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40 – A gentle sunscreen and anti-aging moisturizer in one product.
5. Badger Baby Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 – a gentle sunscreen formulated for baby’s skin. Certified organic base of sunflower oil, beeswax and Vitamin E. Hypoallergenic for sensitive skin.