Did you know that globally humans cut down around 900,000 trees every daily for paper products, including 27,000 trees for toilet paper alone? That’s a lot of trees!
Sugarcane and bamboo are a sustainable alternative to paper made from trees. Here’s why:
- Sugarcane and bamboo are grasses not hardwoods. They are some of the fastest growing in the world.
- Unlike trees, which can take up to 30 years to grow back and mature, sugarcane and bamboo grow back as quickly as 3-4 months and can be re-harvested in 1-2 years without replanting.
- Using products made from bamboo and sugarcane reduce over-logging and deforestation.
- Bamboo can grow in environments with depleted soil and little water and actually returns nutrients to the soil, which improves degraded areas.
- Bamboo doesn’t require fertilizers, insecticides or pesticides to grow.
- Sugarcane & Bamboo are more eco-friendly than recycled paper.
- Sugarcane bagasse (the dry fibrous residue that remains after the extraction of juice from the crushed stalk) is used to make our paper. Typically, this bagasse is either disposed of or burned, meaning we are re-purposing what would otherwise be discarded. Talk about renewable!
- 100% biodegradable.
- The species of bamboo harvested for our paper has been certified as species that are not food sources for panda bears. Our production facility is FSC certified.
Choosing paper made from alternative resources are a simple, sustainable choice you can make in helping preserve our natural resources. Join us in making the world a more cleaner, greener place. Watch how Caboo is making a real impact on our planet.
Caboo toilet paper, kitchen roll and other paper products are made from fast-growing, renewable sugarcane and bamboo instead of trees. Our products are free of inks, dyes and fragrances and whitened without chlorine bleach. Non GMO and BPA free.